James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Proverbs 25:25
Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy New Year!

This is the year we will hopefully be adding our new precious son to our family. There is no progress as of yet to report. Referrals have slowed down quite a bit, but will hopefully pick up soon. There were only 4 referrals in Nov., 3 in Dec. and none yet in Jan. This follows 15 referrals in October. Selfishly I would love to get a phone call now from our family coordinator saying we have a son, but I am taking great comfort knowing that our almighty creator has perfect timing and is guiding every detail in this whole process. In the meantime, I am excited about the spiritual goals I have made for myself to begin this year. I am going to make an effort to start listening to more sermon's (in the car) to stay focused on different aspects of my spiritual walk throughout the day. This is in addition to my morning quiet time with God and small talks with him throughout the day. I also am bringing out the family veggie tales devotional in an attempt to help the children with their spiritual walk. Stay tuned for more later.....

Anna

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for leaving a note on my blog - I didn't have your new blog address so I was hoping that everything was ok. That is exciting that you are so close to getting a referral! We have visited the Queen of Sheba once but we definitely need to go back. Maybe we can all meet their sometime!

    ReplyDelete