James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Proverbs 25:25
Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land.
Friday, January 14, 2011
Why Ethiopia?
I have had a few people ask why Ethiopia and not the United States. I would love to see ALL orphans have a home and family regardless of race, ethnicity, location, etc. I just love to see people adding to their family through adoption. James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." Knowing that so many of God's precious children are without homes is just heartbreaking to me. Since God does not rank his children on race, ethnicity, location, etc. I was not about to let those factors influence me. There were so many factors that led us to Ethiopia, but one of the biggest factors for me were the statistics. I have posted these on the right side of my blog. In addition, I have included an incredibly eye opening video about a dump in Addis Ababa where so many live. I agree that there is need in the US, but these statistics show that there is a much greater need in Ethiopia. Hopefully this will help some understand our decision. Do you have room to add one of God's children to your home? Psalm 127:3 "Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children are a reward from him."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You said this very graciously! I hate how I feel offended when someone asks this question to, or about us. This whole process is just a big character building lesson sometimes isn't it?
ReplyDelete