Happy Thanksgiving to all! Despite most people's rush to pass Thanksgiving in order to rush into Christmas preparations, I love this holiday. I love making delicious food, spending time with family, eating the delicious food, watching the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade, and mostly stopping to reflect on all of the wonderful things God has blessed me with. It is so easy to loose sight of all the great things we have in our lives when we are immersed in a world of wanting more and more. I very often fall short, but I am striving to "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
(1 Thessalonians 5:18) I won't list all that I am thankful for, but I will mention one thing. I couldn't help but check fedex this morning to see if our dossier has moved any more. I am happy to announce that not only has it moved, but it is ready for pick up at the final destination, Addis Ababa Ethiopia. I am very thankful for this. By for now.
Anna
Hi Anna,
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to introduce myself to you. My name is Katie Seevers and we are also adopting from ET. AND our DTE is also 11/19/2010!!
How cool is that?!
I saw a comment you made on the Yahoo group and looked you up. Would love to connect with you on fb. I'll try and find you. If not, you can look me up as Katie Zouhary Seevers
This is such an amazing journey, and it's great to meet awesome people with the same heart for orphans that we have:)
We have 4 bio kids... age 12, 10, 7 and 21 months. We've requested a sib group or twins 0-24 months, or 1 baby 0-12 months. How about you guys?
Blessings!
Katie
Hi Katie,
ReplyDeleteThanks for finding me. I signed off of facebook some time ago because I was spending entirely too much time on it. Do you have a blog? We are requesting a boy 12-30 mths. I'm sure you are as excited as us to finally be DTE.
Anna
Hey Anna! I totally appreciate you getting off fb. I work pretty hard NOT to be on it very often. Although that's not too hard with 4 kids, and homeschooling etc. I don't have much time to do anything:)
ReplyDeleteWe do have a blog it's myfourwords.blogspot.com
Yes, we are super excited to be DTE! I'm praying for some major movement this month so that the rest of us can move up the list:) All in God's timing, right?;)
Have a great day!
Katie