James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Proverbs 25:25
Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land.

Friday, December 10, 2010

prayers

I have been thinking the last couple of days on where our son might be. There are 6 families picking their 8 children up to go home this week from the transition home. Also, one of the orphanages our agency works with had their license renewed which is now allowing those families to pass court and wait for an embassy appointment (2nd & last trip to Ethiopia). I am excited about the movement and these children joining their forever families. Friday's are referral days and we have now gone 1 month without a family receiving a referral. From my understanding, the transition home was full and therefor, they were unable to bring in new children to be referred. With these 8 children leaving and many of the remaining children being able to pass court, I am hoping to see some more families receive their referrals soon. We have not been DTE for long, so we probably have a few months before we would get ours, but am hopeful for all the families in the process of being able to move forward. This week, as usual, I viewed the adoption from my perspective, but also thought about it from our little boy's perspective. I lifted up many prayers and will continue to do so for our son and all the other children that are experiencing change and loss, without realizing that they have a family waiting for them already. I was wondering where our son is, if he is with his biological parents and if so, have they made the decision to place him up for adoption. How are they handling the decision, are they sick from some disease that would be manageable in the states or can they not afford to feed and care for our son. My heart breaks for them and the sadness they must be facing. I long to thank them for their gift and just give them a hug because of their hurt. Then I think some more about our son and all the loss he will face. How much sadness has he had to endure? He will have to go through loss of parents, loss of a home and caregivers at the orphanage, and loss again when he leaves the transition home and caregivers there. These are all necessary steps in God's perfect plan for us to be united into the family God intended, but I just want to hold him while he is scared, hungry, not feeling well, sad, etc.

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with you, Anna. I wonder the same thing about our little one/ones. I am hoping and praying that these next 2 weeks of December will bring LOTS of movement, so that many of the families ahead of us will move forward, and that we also will be moving forward toward the end goal. Praying for your little guy along with our little kiddos...
    Have a blessed weekend.
    Katie
    myfourwords.blogspot.com
    DTE 11/19/2010

    ReplyDelete