Arggggg. We are still waiting for the 171H. I was sure it would be to us no later than Monday, and now it is Tuesday and still not in the mail today. As my husband so nicely put it, everything will happen in God's timing and so there is no use in stressing over when it will come. I truly want everything to happen according to God's perfect plan, but I am having a very hard time accepting that God's timing doesn't use the same calculations I have been using to tell us when things will happen. I am learning a good lesson in patience and trust. God has a child already chosen for us. It is by His timing alone that we will be matched with this child at the right time. Now if only I could internalize this and not be upset when things don't go my way. In the mean time, I look forward to checking the mail tomorrow and for the Ethiopia conference call. This will be our 1st conference call while in the Ethiopia program and I hope to learn lots.
James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Proverbs 25:25
Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land.
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Not Today
Arggggg. We are still waiting for the 171H. I was sure it would be to us no later than Monday, and now it is Tuesday and still not in the mail today. As my husband so nicely put it, everything will happen in God's timing and so there is no use in stressing over when it will come. I truly want everything to happen according to God's perfect plan, but I am having a very hard time accepting that God's timing doesn't use the same calculations I have been using to tell us when things will happen. I am learning a good lesson in patience and trust. God has a child already chosen for us. It is by His timing alone that we will be matched with this child at the right time. Now if only I could internalize this and not be upset when things don't go my way. In the mean time, I look forward to checking the mail tomorrow and for the Ethiopia conference call. This will be our 1st conference call while in the Ethiopia program and I hope to learn lots.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really enjoyed the conference call, did you? I hope that God is giving you a sense of peace today as you wait :). Love from Indiana!
ReplyDelete