James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Proverbs 25:25
Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Driving

Today I spent driving to Tallahassee to get two papers from our dossier authenticated at the Secretary of State office. I left the house at 7am and arrived at 11:30am. I spent 5 minutes from the time I parked to the time I got back in the car with my 2 papers, and then treated myself to a quick lunch and headed back home. I arrived home at 4:30, miraculously without a speeding ticket, and within 30 minutes received a call from the home study director saying our final home study is in the mail and will be to us by tomorrow afternoon. Yippee!!!! My hopes are that it gets to us before the fed ex office closes so that I can immediately overnight it to our immigration officer. With our two papers authenticated, we will be able to send our dossier to AWAA the second we get our 171 H from USCIS. Now I know there are couriers that could have saved me a day of driving, but I am cheap and I am scared to death of something happening to these very important papers (like my son spilling water all over the opened dossier folder. Thank goodness for page protectors. Whew.) Anyways, staying on subject, I also realize how important every day is in this process. One of the things I am pretty certain of is that our son has been born. I could have mailed these docs, but it would have taken more time. Each day that is lost in the process, is a day that we are not home with our son, a day our son is without the love of a mom and dad, and another day that our son is living in poverty, fighting for survival. My love for my son and anxiousness to hold him is what made me so happy to spend 9 hrs. driving for 2 very special pieces of paper. So long for now. Going to take a short nap before heading to church.

1 comment:

  1. hmmm. We didn't have to redo our physical and don't think it was Rwanda specific. We did redo it once since with Rwanda, but not since the switch. The switch was emotionally difficult for us at 1st, but the Lord has given us the peace we needed to move on. The paperwork has been surprisingly easy for us to switch. Congratulations on the updated homestudy and being so close to DTE! I know we are hugely excited about almost being done with the dossier. Maybe we will get to travel together :) What age and gender are you requesting?

    ReplyDelete