James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Proverbs 25:25
Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
The List
Ok, so those of you who know me, know that I tend to be obsessive about things. Ok, so that's an understatement. Well, I have come across a spreadsheet from our agency that lists the families who are DTE (dossier to Ethiopia), when they were DTE, and the age and gender of the children they are requesting. Each family is given a number associated with their place in line for either an infant boy, infant girl, twins, siblings, toddler boy, etc. We are not DTE yet, but expect to be in 2 weeks. Also, I am not pretending to know everything, but I have been following lots of blogs and don't know of any other family requesting a toddler boy that would be DTE before us. With this being said, there were only 8 families on the list for a toddler boy. I am assuming we would be #9. Today #1 on the list got their referral, leaving only 7 families before us. I am very optimistic that we will have a referral sooner rather than later. I'm hoping within a couple of months. The other thing I am excited about is that only 2 of these families are requesting a child over 24 months. We have requested a boy 12-30 months, but have been approved up 36 months. So..... we should be #3 in line for a boy between 25-36 months. To get even more detailed, the families on the upper part of our range are now #1 +#5. If #1 got a referral for a younger boy, that would make us #2 in line for a 2-3yr old. Ok, I'm done. Do you see what I mean about those obsessive tendencies? I might be a little excited over here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment