James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Proverbs 25:25
Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land.
Thursday, June 10, 2010
2nd homestudy
I am sitting here this morning recounting the interview I had with the social worker and am not too happy. The very first thing she asks me to do is describe Brian. No problem. He's nice, generous, always putting others first, hard working, and the list goes on. Then she asks me to describe myself. I don't know why, maybe it was because it was after 8pm and my brain had already shut down for the night, but I couldn't think of anything. I often think about how great Brian is, but I guess I never have given much thought to who I am. After about 10 seconds of twirling my fingers I came up with it. "I guess I'm introverted." Wow. Brilliant Anna. Of course now I think of all the things I should have said...Christian, trustworthy, dependable, nice, down to earth, responsible, etc. I guess the important thing is that when it counts, I'm introverted. Oh brother. After this, I was asked to describe my childhood and my family. Finally, I was asked what my greatest source of frustration is. I giggled. "Do I have to answer this?" yes. "Well, I guess that would be my children." She laughed. So that concludes home study 2 and 3 and #4 will be on Monday. This should be our last one. Here's to hoping I am able to redeem myself a little. The good news - I have not been told I need therapy. Todays goal will be ordering certified copies of birth certificates and marriage certificate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment