James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Proverbs 25:25
Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land.
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Progress
I finally feel like I am in control of the paper chase. Yes, God is in control over everything, but until a day ago I felt like I was going about the process blindly and with little progress being made. Over the weekend, with the kids away at their grandparents house, I was able to quietly and intently go over all the paperwork and truly understand what is left to do. To my surprise, I am almost through with the paper chase. Can I get an Amen! This truly has been a grueling paper pregnancy and to my happiness, I have just been given an epidural. Another Amen please. The homestudy document will be finalized by the end of the week and submitted with the I-600. We will then wait for our issued fingerprint appointment and our USCIS (paper approval by the USA to adopt internationally and needed to bring our new son into the USA.) All of our paperwork for the dossier has been collected or on its way to us in the mail and most everything has been notorized. Once we get the USCIS in the mail we will be able to take all of our notorized paperwork to the Secretary of the State in Tallahassee to be authenticated. Once this is done we will have our medical redone and our dossier will be complete and ready for AWAA to review. Once AWAA receives our dossier, our paper chase will be done. They send it to the Rwandan Embassy in the USA, then to Rwanda (I think 1 month), we will wait approximately 9 months for a referral and a couple weeks later traveling to Rwanda to get our son. I know this might sound like a lot, but it really isn't. Most of this is waiting. The current trend to get the USCIS from the I-600 is 2 mths. Assuming God's timing is following the trend, we will be traveling to get our son (1-2.5 years old) in July/ August 2011.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
thanks for introducing yourself! welcome to the journey :-)
ReplyDeleteAmen! Nice to meet you :). We are at the same part of the journey--waiting for our USCIS approval.
ReplyDelete