James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Proverbs 25:25
Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land.
Friday, August 19, 2011
9 months and waiting
Today marks our 9 month anniversary of being DTE (dossier to Ethiopia). Funny to think that if I had this child through my conceiving him, I would be holding him in my arms, or close to that point. We are still anxiously awaiting "the call," but have become somewhat numb and used to the hardships. My new way of coping has been to remind myself that while I might be disappointed not having our son home, or even knowing who he is for that matter, this wait would be so much worse from the other side. Imagine being the child who has gone through huge losses, major transitions and without a family. They might be wondering if they will ever have the love of a mom and dad again. We know that bearing any unforeseen circumstances, we will be adding a son to our family and can even watch ourselves move up on a list that gives us an idea of when things might progress for us. Our son and all the other orphaned children don't have that. Many of these children will grow up in an orphanage and then be left to fend for themselves on the streets at a young age. When I think about the children, I get more anxious to bring our son out of his difficult circumstances and love on him, but I also feel like a spoiled brat for complaining about my wait, when quite frankly, I am beyond blessed and completely spoiled with luxuries so many will never enjoy. Plus, the longer you wait for something, the more you cherish it, right? Our son will no doubt be cherished, and probably just a little spoiled :) As I wait, I am growing closer to the Lord, growing in faith and trust, working on being more like Jesus in my wife, mom, and Christian role, and trying so hard to be content with where the Lord has me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment