James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Proverbs 25:25
Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

God Moments

I absolutely love God moments. Some might call them coincidences, but I know better. Lately, I have been having a hard time following Christ and keeping our communication open. I have been lacking on my daily devotions and quiet time with God, filling my day with much less important things. I don't understand why I do this, but there are times when I put up a wall. Of course, I should know better because every time I do this I end up with a rotten attitude, an anxious heart, and without God's peace (that's the biggest one). Of course I know God eagerly awaits for me to come back and welcomes me with open arms, but I am just so stubborn. Well, over the past week, I have really been trying to get my priorities straight and stop being so stubborn. I had a great girls night with one of my friends from our Bible study, enjoying a pedicure, makeup shopping and dinner at Chili's. We just began doing a summer study on Lisa Whelchel's book "Friendships for Grownups." I find it slightly ironic that this book touches on breaking down walls we create to protect ourselves. It was very nice making time for a friendship for me. I often brush "me time" under the rug, but truly enjoyed making me a priority for the night. By the way, thank you Brian for encouraging me to go out. Anyways, I am getting a bit side tracked. The two God moments are as follows: One- A week ago at church I spotted a couple I had not seen before, so I made my way over to them, introduced myself and invited them to our Adult Bible Fellowship Sunday morning (Brian was not there that Sunday). Last Sunday, I came into ABF and saw Brian talking with them. Well, it was really neat when I found out that they were adopting twins from Romania. I didn't learn this the previous week during the brief introduction. I felt like God set them there to have another couple we could relate to with our adoption journey. I felt like that was a huge encouragement in the midst of my emotionally draining journey (for the moment). And to think, if I ignored the Holy Spirit's nudge to introduce myself, I would have probably not met them. God moment number 2.... Since both of the kids are going to summer camp for a few hours each day this week, I decided to get a massage. While I was in the waiting room, I began reading the Power of a Praying Wife book. At the start of the massage, I started praying for Brian and later in the massage, Unchained Melody (our song) began playing as the background music. Like I said, some might call these coincidences, but I feel like both of these are God reminding me of His great presence. I just love my God and how patient and loving He is with me. I guess my great big stone walls I put up are no match for my Almighty God.... and I am glad about that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment