
This morning, we had our USCIS fingerprint appointment. It was a bit emotional (in a good way) and such a pleasant experience. This appointment date had been assigned to us when we were chasing after our child we thought was in Rwanda. I was happy, in an effort to save time, to be able to keep our original appointment to use for Ethiopia. Last week I got in touch with a very nice lady who informed me that we could keep our appointment and submit a new I 600A without having to pay any more money to them. They also gave me a different address to send the form to, which it sounded like would take less time. WooHoo!!!! Not only did this step bring us closer to our son, but the people in the office were so nice and seemed genuinely interested in our adoption. How cool. Honestly, I thought they would all be very impersonal. Our paper chase is coming along nicely and I'm hoping that our dossier will be complete by the time we get our USCIS approval. Bye for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment