James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Proverbs 25:25
Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Halt in Rwandan Adoptions

WOW! What an emotional roller coaster we have been through in the last 24 hrs. Yesterday, in car line, I was checking email and was pleased to see an email from our family coordinator. As I read the 1st line, my jaw dropped. I felt like I was punched in the stomach. With adoption, things are always changing and anything can happen. She was emailing us to let us know that Rwanda has decided to pursue being a hague country and thus will not be accepting any more dossiers as of August 31 (5 days). No one knows how long they will be closed. It could be 1 month or many years. That is the stinky part. I do know they are bombarded with dossiers now and some have been waiting 11-12 months. I think this, in the long run will be great for the orphans, it just stinks for those of us so close to the cut off. That brings us to "To Wait or Not To Wait." We are doing lots of praying about our next step and of course lots of research. We are coming to peace with a decision, but won't disclose until we know 100 % what we are doing. Brian and I hugely dislike change. For now, the tears have stopped and my brain is working on overdrive.

3 comments:

  1. Anna ~

    It looks like we have the same sort of timeline. We are right there with you. The last 24 hours have been very hard for us. I would be interested in corresponding with you via email if you have the time. We know we will have to make the decision to wait or do something else, but so far all we can do is feel stunned.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so so sorry and I am praying for all of you who were so close. Peace, comfort, wisdom... Jesus, be near!

    ReplyDelete