James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Proverbs 25:25
Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

God's Plan

Brian and I have decided to take the ultimate journey with our documents to see what exactly God's plans are for us. We had finally come to terms with Rwanda's closing and were awfully close to making the switch to Ethiopia. Last night, I was checking a family's blog who is going through the same journey. Here I discovered something that would make me crazy all over again. They posted that a couple of families were going to turn in their dossier without the USCIS approval (I 171-H form). This is the document we were missing and the reason we initially thought we had no chance of getting our dossier in before Rwanda closed on Aug.31. Is it possible for us to do the same thing? Well, we will soon find out. We wrote a long email to our family coordinator asking lots of questions about this and I will be calling her first thing in the morning. If we do not have the support of the adoption agency on this impulsive move, we will end our journey to Rwanda and immediately transfer to the Ethiopia program. The last thing we need is to finish this adoption without an agency. If we get the go ahead, then we pursue. Brian is on his way to Tallahassee this evening so that he will be at the secretary of state first thing in the morning. Here he will authenticate all of our documents. I will drop the kids at school and drive to Orlando to get 3 simple papers I need from our social worker (a copy of their license, non-profit agreement, and the post placement agreement). After we both get our paperwork, we will fly independently to DC and meet up. Their we will need to get to the state office between 7-10 am to get our dossier certified AGAIN, make copies of everything and turn it in at the Rwandan Embassy in DC. The Rwandan govt. recently stated that dossiers will be accepted by any Rwandan embassy before the deadline, not only in Rwanda. We were told, not from the agency, that we could send in the missing document to Rwanda later. The final variable is that we don't exactly know when the deadline is, and since it is the weekend, we have no way of knowing until tomm. The wording was a bit confusing and many of us are confused whether we have until the 30th or the 31st. The 31st is possible, the 30th is most definitely not. The good news is that we will know God's plan for us by the end of tomm. (I HOPE). The bad news is I am a nervous wreck and a tad moody =). Good night for now. Off to check flights to DC.

1 comment:

  1. Baker family, we are praying for you! Seriously, we are. Keep us updated and we HOPE HOPE HOPE you can get through. Makes me think of the song, "Savior, He can move the mountains. Our God is mighty to save, He is mighty to save..."

    ReplyDelete