James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Proverbs 25:25
Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land.
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
overjoyed
Today has been so wonderful and I just haven't been able to contain my excitement. Over what you ask? I have no idea. LOL! Lately things have been moving fairly quickly with the adoption front and has been steady rather than sporadic. This has lifted my spirits quite a bit and given me hope again. There have been many referrals, court dates issued, embassy clearing families, much progress in the southern region, etc. The last couple of nights I haven't been able to sleep all that well. I have woken many times during the night and feel urges to pray. I know I should never have stopped praying for our son, but I did for a while. I had lost so much hope and just didn't know what to pray for anymore. Every time I would pray over something, I would look back and see that my prayers and timelines just didn't match up. Good thing for me that God's and my timeline are not the same and those prayers were not waisted. That urge for prayer has returned and I just love knowing that God's glory is shining down on our and His son. Today has been crazy. I don't ever think I have had excitement overpower me like it has today. Let me clarify that we did not receive any news that indicates anything new for us today; however, I know that something big has happened today in us adding our son to our family. I am so giddy you would think I just got the call. Part of me writing this post is for me to remember today so that I can look back at our son's story and see what happened today. This is very bold to state this assurance with such certainty, but I just feel it. I went to God in prayer and felt His assurance in me feeling this way. I feel Him smiling down on me and saying you can rejoice and it will be soon. I am so spun up right now I could probably run a marathon. THis is going to be one of those things that separates how people see things. There will be those who get it and those who think I am functioning on too little sleep or coping mechanisms or any number of other explanations. As for me, I am glad I get it. How sad would that be if I let doubt steal this incredible joy God is giving me. I can't wait to bring the glory back to God when recounting this story down the road and say see. This is what it was and it was God! How cool will that be. I have had glimmers of meeting our son and just get overcome with gratefulness and thankfulness for this journey. This waiting and uncertainty and lack of control has been the most difficult thing I have had to face, but I am so glad for the trials. These trials are making the joy even greater. All I have been able to do is smile at God today and say THANK YOU LORD!!!! I will close by saying that I truly believe all of our plans lately have had purpose, things are lining up financially for us that are absolutely not a coincidence and I am beginning to see God slide our puzzle pieces into place. It is just so cool to see God preparing our family for His new plan to be executed. GO GOD!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am believing with you! I felt deep-down excitement for you as I read this!!
ReplyDeletehttp://christinasdavis.xanga.com