James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Proverbs 25:25
Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land.
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Happenings
I know I don't post a lot lately, but there really has not been much to post and most days, I do my best to put the adoption in the back of my mind to keep sane. It is very hard to anticipate things progressing day after day and see nothing. Yes, I know it is in God's timing. Reminding me of this makes it no easier and to be honest, I feel like I am getting spit on when someone says that to me. I have a close relationship with God and communicate with Him often. I don't need anyone telling me His truths. I already know them. All I want is people to listen and pretend like they understand how hard this journey is. For this I am very grateful for our agencies yahoo group. We may not have met each other in person, but we understand what each other are going through, pray for each other, shed tears for each other, and rejoice together. I know God enjoys seeing His children loving each other in this way. A while past, the southern region of Ethiopia added a clearance children needed to go through to be paper ready. Although this other step was added, there was something preventing them from being able to process this clearance. I'm not really sure of all the details. Last week, we received an email from our family coordinator stating that this other office (?) is now up and running. WooHoo. The agency did not know how fast they would process clearances or how long things would take. Obviously I would like to know details, but am very happy for a big glimmer of hope. This was good news number one. Good news #2 is that a family who was trying to get an expedited visa to bring their daughter home, was just granted one. YAY!!!! They will be able to leave Ethiopia Wedn or Thurs night and get her to a hospital in the states to have tests done. Praying big for this family that they get answers and treatment so their little girl gets well. The last good news to report is that a family in line for a little girl got a referral yesterday. Praise God! They have been DTE since the end of Aug. 2010. I am very happy that they can see their daughters precious face. Well, that's about it for now. We are still hoping that the flood gates open and the referrals pour out..... soon. We are still number 11, but will post as soon as that changes. Bye for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment