James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Proverbs 25:25
Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land.
Friday, November 11, 2011
A great day
Today is going to be a good day. This has nothing to do with events that may or may not happen, but about how I make it in my mind. I could choose to look at all the difficult circumstances or I could choose to look at all my blessings. I am grateful for the Lord and for everything He is. The peace that I receive through Him surpasses any temporary gratification that the world can provide. It's easy to keep up with routines and forget about Satan's influence on the world, but when you step back and pay attention, it is so real. Satan doesn't want what is best for us like God does. Instead he feeds us with lies to steer us away from God and His peace. While these lies seem small and harmless, they add up and steer us further from our creator and protector. Today is going to be good because I am aware of Satan and his schemes and I will conquer his lies with God's truth. When I see greed and selfishness creep in, I will go to my Father for strength and humbleness. It is not about us! We are all better off loving others as ourselves and putting others first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment