James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Proverbs 25:25
Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land.
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
11 month anniversary
Happy, or not so happy, 11 month anniversary to us since being DTE. Courts are now open, but there have been no referrals lately. It has been tough not seeing progression and not understanding why. The agency is still estimating wait times for an infant boy to be between 10 and 16 months, but is expecting the wait times to increase. I guess we are just along for the ride. I am so blessed to have an awesome group of friends in my accountability group who listens, prays, and encourages me. Last week I shared that I've been having pity parties with the whole adoption. They are encouraging me to stay away from the yahoo group, only checking it once a week at most. While this is hard, it's better that way. It has consumed me, as I check it nonstop throughout each day thinking there has to be someone stating that they have received a referral. It's always a big let down. To end on a positive note, even though I am trying not to buy anything for our son until we receive his referral, I got a great deal on a car seat. Since I am a planner, I have known for sometime now the car seat I wanted to get. It just so happened that my friend had that car seat and is selling it because her son has outgrown it. It's in great condition and is only costing me $50. instead of $225 for buying it new. Woohoo. Well, that is it for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment