Wow, I have been putting this off for so long, but finally got around to uploading my pictures since Christmas last year. Yikes. Some of my favorites were of J's 1st triathlon. She was such a trooper and we are so proud of her. She went into the race with possibly the worst bike, but there were no complaints from her. We explained that we would be happy to get her a new bike, but she would have to prove herself first. The old bike was too small, but nicer bikes can be pricey and we wanted to be sure she would take things seriously first. She was so excited race morning and was sizing up all her competitors. She also was completely wired. My favorite was when she had me feel how fast her heart was beating. I told her that was adrenalin and that was good. Anyways, she did great on her swim, but I wouldn't know that since I completely missed it. uhhhh. I am still wondering how I did that. Brian was with her and somehow her group of followers all got separated. Well they all found each other and saw her awesome performance, but I who went ahead to get an awesome spot in the front row of spectators, completely missed it. I saw her in line one minute and the next minute saw 5 people left in line, none of them J. I almost burst into tears I was so upset. When I realized I missed her in the water, I went to transition to find someone else from the group and there they all were. When she passed by on her bike, the poor girl was moving so slowly. Apparently, her chain had come off twice and both times she had to wait by the side of the road for one of the police officers to help her get it back on. The chain had become loose when we cleaned it and came off anytime she sped up. oops. To be honest I thought she was going to throw a small fit or burst into tears, but she finished it and shrugged it off. Brian and I knew she had most certainly earned that new bike. After all, she handled it way better than her father or I would have. Maybe we have a thing or two to learn from her. Finally, her run was lightning fast since she had lots of time to rest on the bike. Go J!!!!! Enjoy the pics. Thank you uncle Lowell for flying in to see her and to her 1st grade teacher for waking up early on your day off to cheer her on. WOW!
No comments:
Post a Comment