James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Proverbs 25:25
Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land.
Saturday, February 12, 2011
number 6 and number 1
The last couple of weeks have seemed especially hard for me. For the longest time I have prided myself on handling God's timing well and my unusual patience with the process. At the end of January, I was very giddy to see many referrals come in, one of them moving us up from number 7 to number 6. The following week, one of the families who was requesting an infant and DTE a couple weeks before us decided to expand their age range, overlapping us somewhat in the toddler range. This moved us back down to number 7. Not to lie, I was a little bummed. In Feb. the referrals have been very slow coming. Spoiled by the rapid pace at the end of January, it was hard on me to see that stop. This week there was one referral that didn't impact our wait in any way, in fact, they were DTE later than us. I am happy to see anyone get a referral, but the selfish side of me is getting awfully impatient. Friday rolled around and I checked the yahoo group many times with much anticipation that I would see families posting that they received their referral, but nothing. With a big sigh, I chalked up to waiting until next week. After Brian's race this morning, I decided to check the yahoo group just for fun. I can't believe it!!!!!! There is a families name with referral next to it. Very giddy, I told Brian that another family received their referral. All 4 of us were sitting at the table so excited. I pulled up their post that said their referral was for a toddler boy. Wow! Now my heart is really racing and I am more excited than ever. Brian says great, now we are number 6 again. Now the fun part. We pull up the spread sheet with the names and their requests on it. I almost lost it when I saw that they were the only family in front of us that was requesting all of our age range. We are still number 6 for the toddler boy list, but now we are next in line, that's right number one, for a toddler boy between 25-30 months. All of the other requests ahead of us do not exceed 24 months. Now when I say any day now, I am being a lot more realistic. So, after a couple of hard weeks, the Lord came in to sweep me off of my feet again. Woo Hoo, thank you Jesus! As for Brian's race, I am so proud of him. He had a 10k this morning that he was hoping to break 7 min miles on and he did. Not only did he get his PR and break his goal, he far exceeded it by having a 6:42 pace for the race. My man rocks! He placed 6th for his age group. Well, I have to go. We are off to go strawberry picking with a bunch of friends from church and then trying out a new amish restaurant. Will try to post pictures later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, congrats. That is awesome to be first on the list! We just had our fingerprints done on Friday - how long did it take you to get back your I-171H? I hope we both don't have to wait very long for the next step!
ReplyDelete